0x1337f331 forks Haveno into PenumbraDEX
Penumbra is a Haveno’s fork that is more strongly aligned with the values of decentralisation, privacy and censorship resistance.
Penumbra will depend on Haveno’s API and the fork should be viewed more like an extension of Haveno.
The dev promised to pick up development if Haveno is ever forced to shut down for any reason or if the codebase is radically altered in a way that the majority won’t be compatible with Penumbra anymore.4
- accessible to users by simply using Tor Browser
- using 2/2 Monero multisig and no arbitration whatsover (uncensorable trades)
- anyone will be able to join as a network operator and profit from fees, no separate gatekeeper entity (increased decentralization)
- no data stored on the user device
- developed solely on donations (0% of tx fee will be kept as dev fee)
There are some doubts about the project at this point, mainly the usage of 2/2 multisig for trades:
[..] it’s just not technically possible without timelocks in Monero. (@erciccione)5
According to the code repo, the PoC is coming soon.
To get involved with the Penumbra project, join the #penumbra and #penumbra-dex Matrix channels6.
https://matrix.to/#/#penumbra:penumbra.social, https://matrix.to/#/#penumbra-dev:penumbra.social ↩